Welcome to the Red Sky Golf Academy at Red Sky Golf Club. RSGA is truly a sight to behold with the breathtaking views of the surrounding Rocky Mountains. The RSGA is pleased to have Short Game Specialist, Larry Rinker, as our Director of Instruction. Larry is a 30 year PGA Tour Veteran Member and Quarter Century Member of the PGA of America. He was notorious for his short game wizardry, especially putting, which he won the putts per green in regulation statistic on the PGA Tour in 1990. His experience in competing in 525 PGA Tour events is an extremely valuable asset to our Academy. Our members and guests will benefit dramatically from his personal tutelage. Larry has become one of the most sought after short game coaches ranging from Tour professionals to high level collegiate and junior players.
Born and raised in Stuart, Florida, Larry Rinker was first introduced to the game by his father, who inspired three children to go on and play golf at the highest level. Larry started competing in major Florida state junior golf tournaments at the age of twelve, and earned a full golf scholarship to the University of Florida. In 1979, Larry graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance. He is a graduate of the PGA TOUR Qualifying School on four different occasions: 1981-1982-1983-1996. Larry’s successful career includes finishing in the top 125 on the PGA Tour Money List 12 times and playing in 525 PGA TOUR events, of which he made 283 cuts.
• Finished 30th on the final PGA TOUR Money List in 1985.
• Won the 1985 J.C. Penney Mixed Team Classic with sister Laurie Rinker.
• Tied for 2nd at the Bing Crosby National Pro-Am at Pebble Beach, 2nd USF&G Classic.
• Finished 3rd at the Players Championship and the Greater Milwaukee Open.
• Played in 7 U.S. Opens’, 3 British Opens’, 3 PGA Championships’ and 2 Masters.
• Best finishes in Majors; T-12th 1992 British Open, T-15th 1982 U.S. Open
• Led the TOUR in Putting Statistic in 1990. (Putts per greens in regulation)
• Led the Tour in Eagles in 1985.
• 14 career hole-in-ones, seven in PGA TOUR events.
• Member AMF Instructor Division, AMF Golf Management.
• Analyst and on course correspondent for Sirius XM Satellite Radio, the PGA Tour Network.
The Red Sky Golf Academy features an Academy building reminiscent of the classic log cabin homes in the Rocky Mountains to blend seamlessly with the surrounding environment. Inside the Academy, you'll find an indoor hitting bay with state of the art video analysis. All golf instruction by Larry is followed up with email V1 Video Reviews posted to your own V1 Online Locker. Outside the Academy, you'll find our spacious practice tee which comfortably accommodates individuals in a private lesson or large corporate events. The manicured short game area features a picturesque putting green nearly 5,000 ft in size surrounded by several bunkers to work on all aspects of your short game.
The Vail Valley's most extraordinary golf facility, Red Sky Golf Club is a private membership club with limited access for guests of Vail Resorts family of lodges and participants of the Red Sky Golf Academy. Here, TOM FAZIO and GREG NORMAN have each sculpted a piece of Colorado into an alpine playground that will reward your highest expectations. Two championship courses weave through 800 acres of historic ranchlands filled with sage, aspen groves and spectacular mountain vistas. With an unprecedented commitment to service, elegant western architecture and Vail/Beaver Creek nearby, Red Sky Golf Club offers you the most rewarding golf experience in the Rocky Mountains.Red Sky Golf Academy Programs & Services